Welcome to Maryon’s Advent Calendar
Help! My Cravings Are Out Of Control
Are your cravings out of control? Do you find yourself consuming an entire box or multiple bars of chocolate in one sitting? If you have said yes – watch the video below to get your chocolate craving (and other cravings) under control.
Make Your Hot Flushes A Thing Of The Past
Become clothing is more than just a comfy base layer – it is high-tech, patent-pending Anti-Flush Technology™, designed by women, for women. Proven to reduce the number and severity of hot flushes and night sweats in over 95% of women, Become clothing is light and silky, and feels cool against the skin, with a seamless design to avoid uncomfortable stitching or labels. It now comes in lovely new colours and styles which have been launched this weekend.
Keeping your cool for the holidays – Insomnia
What on earth are you going to get everyone for Christmas, how are you going to get all the food shopping done by December 24th and who is going to decorate the Christmas tree? It’s not surprising if you can’t get to sleep at night or start waking up at 4am with your thoughts running around in all directions.
- Try not to take your worries with you to bed. Making a ‘to do’ list last thing before turning in can sometimes help to relax you.
- A hot soya milk drink or a cup of valerian or camomile tea in the evening may help as can listening to some soothing music.
- A lovely warm bath to which you have added a couple of drops of a soothing essential oil such as lavender can help you to unwind.
- Avoid watching, reading, or listening to anything too stimulating in the evening as it could keep you awake.
- If you wake up in the middle of the night take the Night Herb Valerian to help you get back to sleep and recount your day to yourself from the beginning in a slow boring voice.
- Use the Pzizz Sleep App as it has been shown to promote restful sleep.
Up Your Isoflavones with Promensil
Promensil tablets are a herbal supplement containing naturally occurring plant oestrogens (isoflavones) from Red Clover, which is popular with women as a support for their health and relief of side effects during the menopause.
Highly recommended during the early stages of menopause as a starter dose. Promensil Double Strength is specifically formulated to provide a high dose of active ingredient for women who require additional dietary support, especially during the menopause.
Top tips to remove Brain Fog
Listen to Michela's success story about eliminating brain fog during her 6 Week Boot Camp stay.
St. John's Wort
Karma Mood St John's Wort is a traditional herbal medicinal product used to relieve the symptoms of slightly low mood and mild anxiety, exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy.
Putting Sex back on the menu
It’s holiday time and your husband or partner is unlikely to put up with just a cuddle. Your mind is willing but you remember the pain you felt last time you had sex.
Fight Back Tactics
- First you must try to relax and not anticipate the worst. It may be less painful than you imagine.
- Yes Organic Gel will help to reduce the discomfort by acting as a lubricant in the short term. They produce a water-based product that you can use and an oil based product your partner might like to use. helps to rehydrate and restore the elasticity of the vaginal tissues within a few weeks.
- Omega 7, the capsules made from Sea Buckthorn oil, can help to keep the cells of the vaginal wall producing mucus helping to rehydrate and restore the elasticity of the vaginal tissues.
- When you feel ready… gentle regular sex will get your vaginal juices flowing.
- Talk to your partner about how you are feeling and encourage him to spend more time on foreplay as it can take longer to become aroused.
Recipes by Sabrina ZEIF, The Menopause Chef
This gorgeous beetroot smoothie is earthy and sweet at the same time. Beetroot is one of nature’s best detoxifiers. It is restorative and cleanses the body from the inside out. Beetroots have been known to increase stamina which makes this smoothie ideal for breakfast or midday snack to boost energy levels.
Have A Very Merry Christmas With Lady Prelox
Lady Prelox tablets contain a blend of plant-based ingredients designed to enhance female sexual comfort and pleasure.
These supplements are especially popular with women who have experienced a loss of libido and uncomfortable sexual side effects since going through the menopause.
Keeping Cool for the Holidays – Stress Relief
You Feel Everything Is Getting On Top Of
You still haven’t bought the turkey or Christmas pudding, the tree remains outside the door where the delivery man left it, your cards are in a pile unwritten, while your presents are still in a carrier bag waiting to be wrapped. You are starting to panic as you can’t see how you are ever going to get time to do everything.
- Delegate is the name of this game. Assign a task to each of the family. Get one wrapping, another decorating the Xmas tree, another writing the cards and so on. Cultivate a calm, quiet atmosphere while they are doing it by playing carols or other uplifting music. You will feel the weight lift off your shoulders and who knows they may relish the responsibility.
- Tap into your favourite supermarket’s website and start buying your festive foods online in advance. Don’t leave it until the last moment as you need to secure a delivery spot.
- Work out which traditions mean the most to you and scrap the rest to reduce your workload. For example, go for the fake holly if it is easier, and forget homemade mince pies unless you enjoy making them. Instead, go for the best varieties available at your local supermarket.
- For instant stress relief put a quarter of a teaspoon of ginger and honey in a cup of warm water and sip slowly. Alternatively, try the following simple breathing exercise. Take 10 long, slow deep breaths. As you inhale, hold your breath for three seconds and then breathe out in one easy exhalation.
- If you need a bit of extra help you can try Rhodiola which can help you with stress.