Your body image is at an all time low
Help I'm about to go on holiday and I don't like how I look
It’s the week before you go on holiday, you catch sight of yourself in the mirror and your heart sinks at what you see. New bulges seemed to have appeared, your bust has definitely dropped and as for your hair… why is it suddenly so thin and wispy? Everyone is going to look so much better than you.
Fight back tactics
- Stop comparing your body to other people's.
Go on doing this and you will feel intimidated. Start to love and appreciate all that your body does for you and remember you are perfect just the way you are.
- If there is time treat yourself to a pampering massage or facial. It will make you feel a million dollars.
- Alternatively, before you go out indulge in a wonderfully relaxing aromatherapy bath. Run the water before adding six drops of an essential oil. Choose clary sage for a sense of well-being, ylang-ylang to put you in a seductive mood, camomile to calm you down or lemon to give you an instant lift.
- Go for a wrap or empire line dress with a v-neck to play up your assets and disguise tummy bulges.
- Use a foundation with light-reflective ingredients to make your skin glow and a lipstick in a warm rose, berry, or rich brown shade. Avoid bright red as it can be harsh and accentuate the wrinkles.
- Wax the ends of short hair to add texture and shape. You can add volume to long hair by hanging your head upside down, brushing through hair and applying hairspray.
- Rejuvenate tired eyes with a few minutes of palming. Rub your hands together to warm them up, then cup them over your closed eyes. Alternatively, place chilled spoons over your eyes to reduce puffiness.
- Finally, you may think you are bulging out everywhere, but who says so? Only you. Do you notice these things in other people? Chances are you answer no which just goes to show that others are unlikely to look you up and down that closely. And even if they do it’s hardly likely to change the way they think about you.