Our Moods are Going Up and Down like a Yo Yo
Tis the season to be jolly but that’s the last thing you feel like. Your hormones are running riot and your moods are swinging up and down like a yo-yo. One moment you feel like laughing the next your eyes are welling up with tears.
- Consume a naturally occurring phytoestrogen-rich diet and take regular exercise.
- Keep alcohol consumption to a minimum for now even though it may be tempting to drown your sorrows.
- Make it part of your routine to exercise four or five times a week to release those feel good hormones, the Endorphins. Even singing and dancing to your favourite music will help to raise your spirits.
- Try to set aside some special time every day for relaxing. Half an hour of yoga or meditation can work wonders.
- Don’t keep your feelings to yourself. Share them with your family and friends. Once they know what is going on they could be more understanding than you think.
- Try taking a short nap whatever the time. It can help to make you feel more balanced. The Pzizz App takes you into a really rested state, helping to recharge your batteries.
- Remind yourself that these feelings are a normal part of the hormonal and physical feelings you are going through at the time of the menopause and they will pass.